State of the Industry Podcast: “Making decisions for the people I care most about.”
“Making decisions for the people I care most about.”
Cancer, mortality, family, the future, stress, risk, and living the life you’re meant to live.
While only in his mid-40s, Phoenix, Arizona advisor Kelly Richards was diagnosed with cancer. From that battle arose a more pragmatic leader, professional, and person who had two new goals in mind: To slow down and live better today, and to make certain that his family and employees were taken care of in the future.
“It’s been over a year since I partnered with Allworth,” said Richards. “And not only do I have absolutely no regrets, but it’s the best professional decision of my life.”
For September 2022’s State of the Industry podcast, “Making decisions for the people I care most about,” host and Allworth Co-Founder Scott Hanson welcomes partner-advisor Kelly Richards, who discusses the improved life-work balance and financial security that joining forces with Allworth Financial has brought to his life.
- Scott Hanson: Co-Founder, Allworth Financial (Host)
- Kelly Richards: Advisor and Equity Partner, Allworth Financial (Guest)
- How being diagnosed with cancer forever changed Kelly Richards’ perspective
- Why the decision to partner with Allworth seems obvious now, but was so difficult at the time
- The process of choosing between various firms
- How his life has changed since the merger
- Richards’ role with Allworth
- Why it feels like the weight of the world has been lifted from his shoulders