State of the Industry Podcast: “Behind the scenes: Doing what’s best for my clients”
“Behind the scenes: Doing what’s best for my clients,”
Roseville, California advisor Jeffrey DeBoer not only spent years figuring out what the next step in his professional journey would be, but considerable money and energy deciding what should come next.
Like many advisors who are entering their 50s, the day-to-day grind of running a thriving advisory firm wasn’t as rewarding as it had been when Jeff was building DeBoer Financial Group by providing hands-on service to his clients.
For February’s State of the Industry podcast, host, and Allworth Co-Founder Scott Hanson, interviews new partner-advisor Jeffrey DeBoer. The two discuss the process by which DeBoer decided it was time to pull the trigger and create a real succession plan.
“Behind the scenes: Doing what’s best for my clients,” interview with Allworth equity partner, Jeffrey DeBoer. Allworth Co-Founder Scott Hanson welcomes new Allworth partner-advisor Jeffrey DeBoer.
On this episode of SOI podcast, Allworth welcomes:
- Scott Hanson: Co-Founder, Allworth Financial (Host)
- Jeffrey DeBoer: Advisor and Equity Partner, Allworth Financial (Guest)
- Jeff’s “a-ha” moment when he realized it was time for a new journey
- That there are times when the highest offer isn’t an offer at all
- The questions he asked more than a dozen potential partners
- What a business relationship really comes down to
- Jeff’s role at Allworth
- And, what it feels like to stop running a business and get back to advising